Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Adding and Subtraction Fractions with Like and Unlike Denominators Video

This video was created to introduce my students to adding and subtracting fractions with like and unlike denominators.  It covers a lot of material but with the interactive nature of the video, I believe it is appropriate.  After the lesson, the student will continue to practice this skill and will be able to refer to the video to help them at anytime.

 

After the students used the video, I asked them to comment about it. 
Here are some of their comments:
"It helped me because I sometimes have trouble with fractions."
"The best part was that you can pause it and then it showed me how to do the work."
"It helped me more than any other video and I thought it was very nicely done."
"Can you make it longer to help people understand more?"
"Pretty helpful although I might have liked it to be quicker."
"The video helped me alot because it made things more clear."
"I like how the video gave alot of detail."
"The video helped me because it told me step-by-step."

1 comment:

  1. The comments of your students make it obvious that your students are benefitting from the appropriate use of videos in your classroom. I love that the iTouches can be used in this way because it provides support to the students who need to see and hear the steps more than once. We hear so much about differentiation and this is a tool that is truly facilitating the use of different tools for different learners.

    ReplyDelete